Dear Friends of Radiant Futures,
Every year, we join communities across the nation to recognize October as Domestic Violence Awareness Month.
We sometimes get the question, “Do we really need a whole month dedicated to DV awareness?” It’s a fair question—when the DV movement began back in the 1970s, more awareness was key to getting the issue the attention it desperately needed. But now, in 2021? Surely we as a society have grown past the need for “awareness.”
The truth is that if we were to allow it, society would happily sweep the issue of domestic violence back under the rug. DV is an uncomfortable topic of conversation, and it would be so much easier if we could just pretend like it doesn’t happen anymore.
But we cannot go back to looking the other way just because acknowledging domestic violence might make people uncomfortable. And so we continue to raise awareness, encouraging ongoing conversations, pushing back against stigma and shame, and standing in solidarity with the survivors in our community.
We hope you will join us this Domestic Violence Awareness Month as we raise our voices together to call for an end of violence and exploitation.
- Announcing Hope House
- Dismantling Systems of Inequity
- Finding Freedom
- A Commitment to AAPI Communities
- Believing in Change
- Working Towards a World Without Violence
- Why Women’s History Month Matters to Us
- Steps in the Right Direction – Milestone for Gender Equality
- Happy Holidays!
- Leading with Kindness: Share Kindness on World Kindness Day
- Do You Know That You Have the Power to Create Safer and Healthier Communities?
- Striving to Become the Premier Service Provider for Survivors of Domestic Violence and Human Trafficking
- Join Us in Recognizing Our Favorite Nonprofit Organizations for National Nonprofit Month
- Nearing the End of the Beginning
- Solidifying our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Acknowledging You – Our Community and Support
- We’re Here For You: Our Response to COVID-19
- Understanding the Connection Between Domestic Violence and Homelessness
- Reimagining our Role in Our Community
- A Community of Support
- Radiant Futures’s Exciting Future
- 2020-2023 Strategic Plan
- Serving the Underserved
- Happy Pride!
- Guns and DV
- Volunteers Are Our Heart
- Healing and Learning to Love Again
- Happy New Year